Thursday, February 25, 2010

GCKP: Background & Qualifications

* I am a Sustainable Urban Produce Grower, specializing in small residential growing sites, small crops, and small farm chemical-free, naturally grown urban agriculture. I am also a Chef/Instructor/Consultant who specializes in educating private clients and public classes in internationally inspired special diet cuisine. I have spent years studying the foods and cuisine of around the world as it might provide healthful nutritious options for people living with food allergies, intolerances or limited food resources.

* As a leader in cross-culturally inspired special diet cuisine from an international focus, I have worked with Whole Foods Market as a Chef Instructor for 2+ years, assisted hundreds of people living with food allergies and intolerance since 2006. I spent over 390 work-hours as an Intern Urban Sustainable Produce Grower learning valuable farm management skills and growing sustainable produce and making it available in urban neighbourhoods in the city of Chicago (Bronzeville and Garfield Park).
   
* I also have years of transferable skills (such as managing/leading projects, multi-tasking, collecting of data in great detail, troubleshooting and problem solving, effective communication) earned while I was employed as an Implementation Project Manager for a software company. I successfully managed the implementation of hundred thousand dollar contracts throughout the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment